LEARN WITH US
An intensive exposure to the work of FREESET in Kolkata and the development of Freedom Business in West Bengal and Bangladesh. Our 3-week Encounter is held in January and September each year.
The next Encounter runs from 3rd to 21st September 2018.
Dates for 2019 are: 7th to 25th January and 2nd to 20th September
Registrations for the next Freedom Encounter are now open.
What is the Freedom Encounter?
The Freedom Encounter is an experiential learning course designed to expose people to the idea of using business to facilitate freedom – specifically in communities living in the shadow of human trafficking.
- Immerse yourself in the culture of West Bengal with train trips, tuk-tuk rides and wandering walks. For the more adventurous, there’s also jeep journeys and roof top bus rides to be had.
- Visit existing freedom businesses in Kolkata and Murshidabad District.
- Hear first-hand stories from women about how working at Freeset has enabled them to leave the sex trade.
- Learn about the challenges of starting a business in India.
- Find out how freedom businesses are protecting young women from the threat of trafficking from rural villages.
- Discover how freedom business can be transformational for the employees and their families.
- Meet the founders of Freeset and other entrepreneurs working in West Bengal.
- Explore and develop ideas for new freedom businesses.
Who should attend?
If you want to see transformation in communities vulnerable to trafficking and want to learn how business can be a powerful tool to achieve positive change, this is the course for you!
Whether you’re 20 or 65 and up for an adventure, you’ll fit right in. It’s a great opportunity to connect with people from around the world looking to discover their role in bringing freedom to others
Learners and facilitators will spend much of the time together – traveling, eating and exploring. By the end of the Encounter, participants will be much better placed to understand the significance and liberating potential of Freedom Business in achieving global justice.
What others have said:
“I enjoyed every minute of the Freedom Encounter – learning about the business itself, hearing the stories of those involved, discussing the idea of the Freedom business model and experiencing the incredible colour and energy of India. Three weeks flies by!” – Julian C
“These three weeks have been incredible – deeply thought provoking and stretching. Inspiring people and content, great friends made and plenty of fun along the way. I highly recommend the Freedom Encounter to anyone.
Registration deadline for the September 2018 Freedom Encounter is 31st July 2018. To find out more: Download the latest brochure…